April 1, 2009

Never Imitate

P.S. Please click on the pictures for a better view..

I was as usual whiling away my time in office today reading blog-posts.. checking mails.. when to my surprise I saw i had a mail in Hindi on my official mail-id..!! Geez :/
Now this was neither a once-in-a-lifetime-spectacle nor something that would make a 24-year-old start jumping in office.. But there was something about it that told me in my head.. "Dee lets try it.." :)
Ordinarily there would have been absolutely no issues trying anything like this at work and seeing no harm i cool-ly clicked on "settings".. "languages" and changed it to Hindi.. it probably took some 2 mins to change to the new settings and i had a brand new Gmail-in-Hindi.. :D







My original Gmail version..











My Gmail version after all the tactics i tried.. :D









I had enough of it and wanted my good old English UK version back again.. So after interpreting all the Hindi i tried to revert back..




But sadly my Gmail wouldn't budge.. :(

























And since then i have managed to kill one full-jobless-day-on-job learning Hindi terms and lingo's for their English counterparts.. :)

-Dee

3 comments:

ag said...

haha

but waise seriously at times i do feel bad ki even being indian,hum logon ki hindi is soooooo bad..
so much so that we give advice to ppl "never imitate" :P

but then, lyfz kewl even w/o it, so y worry.. hai na :)

loved ur post as always..
keep blogging :)
tc

Unknown said...

I can understand.. ye achaanak se Hindi se pyaar kyun hua hai.. NRI banne waali ho na tum :P

Musings!!!! said...

yeh toh typical anu trait hai....wen did u pick this up....